Federico is the partner in charge of the Banking & Finance Department of the Firm. As an expert in banking law and financial markets, he advises local and foreign financial institutions and actively participates in the structuring of financing operations and public offerings of securities. He is a permanent advisor of the Electronic Stock Exchange of Uruguay (BEVSA) and played key roles in cutting edge operations in capital markets in the recent years. He is Doctor in Law from the Catholic University of Uruguay and Assistant Professor in Commercial and Banking Law in that university.
- Doctor in Law, Catholic University of Uruguay Dámaso Antonio Larrañaga (2001).
- Assistant Professor of Commercial and Banking Law, University of Uruguay Dámaso Antonio Larrañaga.
- Invited Professor at the course of Corporate Law at School of Management, School of Accounting Sciences and School of International Relations of the ORT University of Uruguay, for banking law and capital markets aspects.
- President of MFP - Management Fiduciario y Profesional S.A.
- Former Internal Auditor of Crèdit Uruguay Banco S.A.
- Ranked by Chambers & Partners Latin America as “Leading Individual” in Banking & Finance (2022).
- Ranked by Chambers & Partners Latin America as “Leading Individual” in Banking & Finance (2021).
- Ranked by Chambers & Partners Latin America as “Leading Individual” in Banking & Finance (2018).
- Recommended lawyer by Legal 500 in Banking & Finance (2018).
- Recognized as “Excellent” by Leaders League in Banking & Finance.
- Finance & Banking Practice Group and Private Equity & Venture Capital Practice Group in TerraLex.
- Commerce Law Department Institute, Catholic University of Uruguay.
- “Capital Markets” – Uruguay Chapter, Latin Lawyer Reference (2013-2018): https://latinlawyer.com/jurisdiction/1004890/uruguay
- “Reflexiones sobre los instrumentos Derivados. Una visión desde la planificación empresarial”
- “Las acciones ¿pueden fideicomitirse, total o parcialmente a estructuras fiduciarias?”
- Contributor to “Benchmarking Public-Private Partnerships Procurement”, World Bank, 2017
- “El fideicomiso del fideicomiso. Viabilidad legal a la luz de la Ley Nº 17.703”
- Structuring of public offer of debentures by Citrícola Salteña S.A. for USD 30 million.
- Assistance to BEVSA in the representation of bond holders in the PPP Project Unidad Punta de Rieles for USD 110 million and in structuring a subordinated financing for USD 11 million.
- Advice to risk rating agency CARE and BEVSA in the process to structure and to mitigate legal risks of Fideicomiso Financiero Fondo de Deuda para Infraestructura en Uruguay CAF I for approx. USD 350 million.
- Structuring of three financial trusts for CASMU for public offering of bonds for USD 40, USD 35.5 and USD 7.7 million.
- Advice to Mercado a Término de Rosario and ROFEX Argentina in the creation of the first Stock Exchange for Futures and Option Contracts in Uruguay.
- USD 100 million debt restructuring for the Municipality of Canelones through the securitization of collection of taxes into a financial trust for USD 30 million, which was the first public offering made by a municipal government in Uruguay.